Tuesday, January 1, 2013

You say goodbye and I say hello

Happy New Year!

2012 has been wonderful is so many ways. Randy and I completed a half marathon and enjoyed a week at Disney World in January.  We added furbaby, Luna, to our family in February. We had several great weekend getaways, including a snowy trip to the mountains to see the Biltmore House and several trips to the beach. Aaron graduated from USC in May and Zachary moved into his own place this November. I started a new job a few weeks ago and Randy continues to find new opportunities to advance his career.

But with all those awesome things combined, nothing can top the arrival of Miss Emily Grace. A whirlwind of an experience that changed us for the better in more ways than we can count. She's the light of my world and the center of her daddy's universe. She's surrounded my so many people that love her and it's impossible not to feel thankful and blessed every single day.

As we say goodbye to 2012, I am excited to say hello to 2013. A new year always brings such an incredible feeling that anything is possible. I'm sure we will make a few resolutions that we won't keep, but it's fun to make plans and set goals even if we don't quite get there.  Over the next 12 months, I'm looking forward to making some wonderful memories with my family and reflecting on them come January 1, 2014.

Here's to health and happiness in 2013!

*M