The latest Emily highlights:
- She can pull up and stand with help! When sitting, she rocks forward to an almost crawling position and will reach for nearby toys. On her belly, she will spin around and scoot backwards to get around. She will crawl when she’s ready, which is completely fine with me considering the house is not baby proofed!
- She still loves eating everything and we’ve started trying new things like cheese, yogurt, bananas, turkey and cooked green beans. She likes it all but makes some of the most hilarious faces when trying new things.
- She’s still chatty. And pretty much all the time from the moment she’s awake until she falls asleep at night. She’s even started squealing which I recently learned she has squealing matches with her BFF at daycare.
- She’s holding her own bottle now! She will even spin it in her hands, I guess to make sure she’s getting it all.
- She’s been a bit fussy and I know she’s cutting more teeth. She’ll soon have more to match the two she currently has on her bottom gum. She also seems to like having her teeth brushed!
The only bad thing about 9 months is that she’s starting to cry when I drop her off at day care in the mornings. Like real, big tears crying. YAY separation anxiety. :( She stops within a minute or so (usually enough time for me to go to the restroom and come back by her classroom to peek in). But it's still heartbreaking. I tell myself that these tears are just an indication of how well adjusted she will be as a kindergartner. But it doesn't usually help!
Here's hoping that things get a bit better for month 10!