But I do have to say that the sweet day care director sent me an e-mail with two pictures of Emily around lunch time. She said Emily was doing great and she was smiling in both pictures. When I left Emily this morning I was adamant I would NOT cry and that one e-mail just about undid all of my hard work! It was such a thoughtful gesture that helped ease the worried mind of a new mommy.
Back to Em! She's growing like a weed and just a bundle of fun.
- She weighs 17 lbs now and her length and head circumference are on a good growth curve.
- She said "dada"! And has said it several times since. She scrunches up her face when she's talking which is new and hilarious because she looks like a little old man.
- She's almost rolling over from back to belly. She can definitely get to her side, just not all the way over. For some reason she always likes to try this when she's on the changing table.
- She's eating food twice and day and loving it all (even prunes!).
- She sleeps through the night (sometimes almost 11 hours!) and likes to cat-nap throughout the day.
- She had graduated to the jogging stroller without being in her car seat. She loves it because she can now look out the front and likes to hold on the tray when we are strolling along.
- She plays really well by herself and is fascinated with all her toys and any book (she's already torn off the cover of Pat the Bunny).