Thursday, January 10, 2013

Paleo

I've made a big lifestyle change in the last few days. Yes, I've gone Paleo.

Pause for reaction.

I was introduced to the concept several months ago. I read a lot about it and was ready to go. Then I got a surprise baby! And everything fell to the wayside.

But it's a new year and while I have not made any "official" resolutions, I thought it would be a good time to start something new.

So I jumped in with both feet. I'm 4 days in right now and it really hasn't been that bad thus far. I thought I would have crazy carb cravings, but so far nothing outrageous (although I was tempted by a bowl of Trix). Of course, I've had a few moments where I just HAD to have a Diet Coke, can't quit coffee creamer yet and I implemented Wine Wednesday that I'm pretty sure is going to be a weekly thing (maybe carrying over into Fridays as well).

Overall, it's been a good week and I've talked to many people who have shared helpful words of encouragement. From what I've heard, I'll be able to tell a noticeable difference in just 30 days. And the results that many of these people have seen in their lives is simply amazing. Incredible weight loss. Eliminating a need for blood pressure meds. Decreased anxiety. And the list goes on.

I want this to be more of a lifestyle than a diet. My hope is to have more energy (get back to running!), look better and just feel better overall. I've gotten into so many bad eating habits that have to stop. And now with a little one, I now have to think about being around to take care of her.

If you've done Paleo or are thinking about it, I'd love to hear from you! Leave a comment or tweet me @moxiemegs.

Also, here are some websites that I've found to be very helpful with great recipes that I can't wait to try:

www.paleo-jitsu.blogspot.com/
http://www.elanaspantry.com/paleo-diet-recipes/
http://everydaypaleo.com/

Until next time, happy HEALTHY eating!
*M