- Emily is sitting up with help! It's so cute to see her propped up and trying to play with her toys. One of her favorites is a Christmas present that lights up and sing songs about different animals.
- She has found her feet and has also managed to pull her socks off a few times.
- She tried (and liked!) applesauce for the first time. Still not a fan of rice cereal but glad she is starting to eat solid foods.
- Unfortunately, she did have her first ear infection. But after some antibiotics and extra cuddles, she was better in no time.
- The smiles and giggles are non-stop and it's so awesome. She smiles every time she wakes up and it melts my heart to see that first thing in the morning.
- She's started laughing in her sleep which is hysterical!
- She's noticing the dogs more and is getting lots of extra sniffs and licks from them.
- She watches us as we move around the room and fusses when we leave.
- She talks constantly. She's also growls, which is very amusing.
- She is still trying to sit up. She can hold her head off the ground for a long time when she's on her back. She grunts and squirms, trying so hard to pull herself up!
- She is putting everything in her mouth and is definitely starting to teethe. I can feel a few bumps on her upper gums. She chews on things constantly and is quite a drooling machine.
We also spent sometime in Wilmington with my family. On Emily's inaugural trip she enjoyed a horse drawn carriage ride downtown, seeing lots of new animals at the aquarium, and a ferry ride! I had the best time taking her around. I even bought her a cute handmade dress in Southport that I can't wait for her to wear this summer. I'm looking forward to bringing her back in the coming months and sharing more adventures.