Emily Grace turned one month old on Monday! So much has happened in such a short amount of time.
Here are a few of the highlights:
- At her check up last week she weighed 7.8lbs. She's gained 3 lbs since her first week check up!
- She eats like a champ! As soon as she wakes up from a nap, she is ready for a bottle.
- She loves her bouncy seat and sleeps in it most nights (it helps tremendously with her reflux).
- She is staying awake more during the day and slept almost 4 hours hours last night.
- She's starting to notice things around her and loves looking at us and her toys.
- She's squirmy and does a lot of stretching. Which is so cute, until you try to burp her!
- She can hold her head up for several seconds when on her belly. Last night, she lifted her head up and was turning it side to side.
- She's finding her voice. She cries rarely (usually when she's is hungry) and is staring to "talk" to us. She makes noises that we think sound like a little goat, a monkey or a kitten.
- She loves to cuddle by laying on our chests. She will fall asleep within minutes. But the second we lay her down in her crib, those little eyes pop open. So spoiled already. :)
I know some day soon we will look back and marvel at how little she was. For now, we are enjoying every moment with our daughter.