My husband is a meat and potatoes (and nothing else) all the way kind of a guy. I've made meatloaf before with (what I thought were yummy things) chunks of onions and green peppers and horseradish sauce. Randy was not so much a fan. So this time, I opted for a very paired down version.
What you need:
3/4 cup milk
1/2 cup crush Ritz crackers
1 3/4 lbs ground beef
1/4 cup finely chopped onion (I use dried)
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1 teaspoon dry mustard
1 tbs Worcestershire sauce
1 tbl A1
How to prepare:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Combine eggs and milk
- Stir in all ingredients, ground beef last
- Mix well (I always used my hands)
- Put in loaf pan and bake for about 1 hr 20 mins.
- When it looks nice and brown, drain off liquid and let meatloaf cool in pan for 5 mins.
- Use a knife or spatula to make sure edges and bottom are free from pan. Flip upside down onto platter then use another plate to flip it right side up.
- Cut and enjoy!
Goes great with mashed potatoes and green beans. Enjoy!