Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Update on 21 Days of Happy

The latest in not-so-surprising-news: I didn't start my 21 Days of Happy on time. Big shocker, I know. It got pushed wayyyyyy down the priority list until it fell off. I had a really crappy start to the day this morning and it hit me: I can't keep putting other things in front of creating happiness for me and others. This has to come first. Because most days I feel like I'm being stretched like a rubber band and I'm about to break. In the crazy  hectic world that is my life, I'm trying to do everything I have to do but feel like I'm doing it all wrong and in a very haphazard way (with mixed results, at best).

That means I'm officially starting it (seriously this time) TODAY! I mean what better time than October 1s. 

If you need a refresher of what this is all about, read my orginal post. But here's the gist of things you need to do every day:

1. Write down three new things you’re grateful for. Your brain learns to hone in on the positives in the world. 
2. Journal about one positive experience. It will feel like you’re reliving it. 
3. Exercise. You teach your brain that your behavior matters. 
4. Meditate. It reduces the noise in your brain and allows you to focus. 
5. Do random acts of kindness.

We can do this, people. We need to do this, for our own good and for others.

Here's to #21daysofhappy,
*M