Thursday, October 17, 2013

On Pain and Suffering

It wasn't but a moment after I published my last post that I stumbled upon a post from one of my all time favorite people that I don't know in real life (but wish I did because we would be such BFFs), Jen Hatmaker. Not only is she a Southern Christian woman, she is a rock star wife and mom to some pretty awesome sounding kids (two of which were adopted). See? Total BFFs.

When I saw she had written a post a little over a month ago entitled, "Why Does God Allow Pain and Suffering?" I knew it was meant to be seen by me.

In a nutshell, she acknowledges suffering happens to everyone for a variety of reasons. We can't control it but we can control how we respond to it: how we support others who are suffering and how we rely on God to carry us through it.

Her whole post is just amazing and I promise, you cannot finish it with a dry eye. Go read it right this very moment.

And then go hug or hold a hand of someone who is struggling. Just be present, show love, and let God work the rest out.

*M