Monday, July 21, 2014

What I Love About You


I'll be honest. I'm not sure I loved Emily at first sight. I was exhausted, apprehensive, nervous, scared, excited and fearful when I laid eyes on her for the first time. When we were able to take her home from the hospital, it felt like I could just sit and watch her for hours. I was amazed that this tiny little human was mine.

It's been 2 years since then and it's obvious now that I LOVE my little girl. And as I've said, time and time again, I really do love every age. 

I currently love two year old Emily...

Who calls herself "Emmy"
Who insisted on picking up 3 small leaves on my car and taking them in to daycare to show everyone her ‘leeeeaves"
That she calls flamingos ‘mingos’ and kitties “kit-a-lees”
Who pretends like she is still sleeping when I come to wake her up in the morning and giggles when I pull back the covers
Who puts her shoes on the wrong feet and tries to wear my heals around the house
Who loves to cuddle with us early in the morning
Who has to be rocked to sleep and says “no bed, no bed” if we try to put her in her crib before she falls asleep.
When she pats Randy and says “good girl” like she has heard him say to Princess.
When she insists the birds she hears in the trees are “monkeys.”
When I sneeze and she says “bess ew”
When she runs to me yelling “MOMMY!!!” when I pick her up from daycare.
Who loves Elmo, Arthur, Mickey and Cinderella and brings us the remote to turn on the TV
Who twirls around the house singing “let it go, let it go, let it go” from Frozen
Who goes from that to wanting to play "BASEBALL!" and starts hurling tennis balls at us so we will catch them and throw them back to her
Who wants to wear a Cinderella dress while she eats chicken nuggets
Who loves to read to us, especially Brown Bear Brown Bear
Who, when asked "do you want me to hold you" she says "hold you"
Who, when she doesn't want to eat a certain food she says "I no like"
Who sings her ABCs "la la la la p" and counts "1, 2, 5....8 9 10!"

I know these days are fleeting and I will soon forget many of these special and hilarious moments. But for now, I'm loving every bit of two year old Emily Grace.  Happy birthday, EG!

 *M