Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Positive Posts

If your day is anything like mine, it probably looks something like this:

Wake up (usually tired) and grumble about various aches and pains,
rush to get ready (possibly spilling coffee on yourself), grab the baby and run out the house-sans shoes,
sit in awful rush hour traffic,
make it to daycare to drop off the baby (perhaps forgetting to pack her breakfast but thankfully finding a backup bag of Cheerios in your bag),
hurry to make it to work on time,
barely make it on time and are greeted by a long to-do list (and maybe a few grumpy co-workers),
work through lunch (or skip it all together),
fly out the door at 5pm to pick up the baby from daycare,
sit in more frustrating rush hour traffic (with a now fussy and tired baby),
throw some dinner together,
bath the baby and unload/load the dishes (or a load of laundry),
rock the baby to sleep,
fall into bed.

Repeat.

Sound familiar?

Our days are filled with annoyances, frustrations, irritations, and disappointments. And we feel lucky when we have a few little bright spots sprinkled throughout. Maybe a someone lets you over in traffic or a co-worker offers to help on a major project or a friend treats you to lunch. We feel so lucky, happy and thankful in these moments, often because they are such a rare occurrence. We have become so accustom to fighting and struggling and mumbling and grumbling throughout our days. What a sad way to live the only life we have.

That's why I'm starting a series of Positive Posts on this blog. I've had it with all the negatively. Yes, I've been guilty of it myself (hello, we are all human) but I want to be a part of doing good. I want to be a light to others.  To show love in the middle of a loveless world.

This feeling has been building in me for quite sometime. This desire, NEED, to do something. I found myself reading blog after blog with people talking about the same, exact thing. Wanting to put more good than bad out there. The more I read and the more I see, I truly believe this a movement I want to be a part of.

So, this begins a journey. A journey to share, to love, to support and to spread happiness. To be a positive force. I hope you will considering joining me as we do our small part to change the world.

*M