Monday, April 22, 2013

Super Duper Easy Quiche

Truth be told, I got a bit derailed on the Paleo thing. Ok, big time derailed. I'm not even on the train anymore! But I'm working on getting back. I really liked the food, I felt better, and I looked better. The problem was my busy work schedule (finding Paleo when I'm out of the office and have a few minutes to eat lunch is tough) and making dinner (preparing 3 different meals for each of us was becoming a bit time consuming). I'm easing back into it and cutting back on the snacking and processed carbs and eating more fruits and veggies.

On Saturday, I woke up a bit early and decided to cook breafast. I love some Jennie-O turkey bacon and fried up a few pieces. I started to scramble some eggs and thought to myself "quiche would be really good" which was interesting because 1) I don't remember the last time I had it and 2) I've never made it before. So I did a quick Google search, made some modifications of my own and was extremely pleased with the end result!

If you are up for a bit of experimenting with your weekend breafkast routine, gives this a whirl:

Super Duper Easy Quiche

1 cup of milk
2 eggs
1/4 cup (rounded) Bisquick
1/4 cup shredded cheese (I used the last of  a Mexican blend)
2 tbsp soften butter
2 pieces cooked turkey bacon torn into smaller pieces
dash of chopped dried onion, salt and pepper

I just threw in what I had in the fridge, so you could add whatever you want. I added a bit more Bisquick because it looked kind of runny at one point and I don't think I used a complete 1/4 cup of cheese. It will look kind of lumpy so don't be alarmed.

I also didn't have a quiche dish but I saw online I could use a muffin tin! I sprayed a 6 muffin tin with Pam and poured in the mix. The muffin tin was the perfect size for a single serving.

Set the oven to 375 and cook for 20-30 minutes. I kept checking on it until it had firmed up and would lift out of pan and was brown and crispy on top.

I also juiced a whole pineapple and about 6-7 tangelos.  All around delish!

Bon appetite!
*M